Sunday 20 January 2008

Hello everyone...

So I guess this is my first blog post...well, ever really.

I don't know why I felt like I had to have a blog, but for some reason today I felt the need to start documenting my life. And, as they say, there's no time like the present.

Talking of which...the present, well, it's a pretty monumental time for me. Let's see, in the past few months I've broken my first bone (whoo!), I've started to take my business seriously, even signing up to a course to help me do so. I've also moved into my own house, got a new job, realised I hate my new job, and bought a scooter. All this is getting a little ahead of myself though. I'm really here to talk about a little thing called Chog Zoo.

Chog Zoo is my baby I guess. In a totally non-gay way, it's actually the baby I created with my best friend Andrew. God, that sounds so gay. Let me start over.

We've been animators for a good few years now. We've known each other since we were 8, and if my maths is any good, and it is, I'd say that brings us round to a solid 13 years. Unlucky for some, as they say, but I'm feeling pretty good about going into business with this guy. After 13 years, he's yet to piss me off. Here's to another 13.

So we make cartoons. Amongst other things. The other things kind of pale in significance to our cartoons, which we want to help finance us in later life.

Check it out:



This is from a cartoon I did a while ago about dreams. This dude below:




He's from a show we made about square people living on a square planet. We like to mix it up a bit, that's for sure. Anyway we weren't thinking of actually going into business as an animation house until we got our cartoons hosted with the wonderful people at Daily Motion .

After they hosted our videos for like a week, we found ourselves racking up views in the mega thousands! So we were like, "we should really do something with this".

As you can imagine, we didn't know the first thing about how to run a business, so we signed up to a course to teach us all about it.

I guess that brings us to now, in a nutshell. Fortunately, our lives are far more exciting than anything you've just read in this brief overview, but those are other stories, and there will be other times. So until then, you'll just have to wait.


K x

No comments: